Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well, the job hunt is coming along...slowly. This is the hard part, discerning God's will as to where I should be applying. I mean, the questions are many. Does God want me to stay in-state? Or should I be looking out-of-state? Should I apply at a smaller church, or a larger one? Am I willing to move, even if my family can't come for a while? What are my key doctrinal sticking points? Are there things I'm willing to just live with (i.e., grey areas that I might have personal conviction on, but are not salvation issues)?

These questions could keep me up at night, if it weren't for the peace that God has given me about the whole thing. I believe that the right job will present itself, and that God will be glorified in the process. Even though my wife needs stability, we are finding that in God, and not in a job or in man. It's pretty cool how God has given this peace to us when the world tells us we should be worried. Just trust. The Bible tells us that "we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose". I can dig that.

I know it's totally unrelated, but I thought I'd post a video of my band for you guys to see who we are. Please note that I had bronchitis for this concert and was at about 50% vocal strength. If that. Still, it's a good example of the fun we have together. I'm honored to play with these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment