Thursday, January 21, 2010

today

Well, it's Thursday. I've got a lot on my plate. Chapel with the kids from the school at noonish, worship band tonight, and I just found out that a church in Ranier is requesting some help from us to send musicians once or twice a month. What a blessing we could be to help a start-up church! I'll know more later today, hopefully, but my little brain is already working on how to get a great team of people up there twice a month, and not leave us short-staffed here.

Most people don't realize how much work goes into planning a worship service each week. Between Pastor John and I, there's about 60 hours of work represented on Sundays. I'm so thankful that I get to spend time rehearsing, arranging, and planning both by myself and with some truly gifted artists. Today I'll spend about 5 hours working on music before the band shows up to work it with me. For me, though, it's not a chore at all. I so enjoy what God has called me to. Sitting at the piano or keyboard, in the dark, (I learned to play in the dark as a kid, so I wouldn't have to look at the keys, now I enjoy it) working on music that will bring glory to Jesus Christ. I can't imagine doing anything else right now. I'm thankful for this time.

Now, off to work. Lots to do, and thankfully, lots of time, Lord willing. Have a blessed day, faithful readers! Be the church!

No comments:

Post a Comment