Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fully Awake

So, why "Fully Awake" for a title? I came to this because I just had a birthday, upon which I realized that I finally had my eyes open all the way for the first time. No, I'm not Asian. (although I do get asked that quite a bit!) I mean that, for the first time in my 32 years of living, I'm finally trying to see everything that God has for me, and trying hard not to get in the way! I'm really praying for ego to be gone, and God's will to be done in my life. I'm praying that I can be awakened to all that my family has to offer, and to everything that I can bless them with. (not talking about material stuff, mostly just time) And I'm praying that I can be awakened daily to the beauty of God's Word. I guess "Fully Awake" is more of a prayer than a realized actuality, but I think it's appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. Eric

    Read your Bible everyday for about one hour. Read in morning before other get up. You should finish the whole Bible in about 4 - 5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I think that this is something we all can strive to do better at. thank you for the encouragement.

    PS - just because I am asian doesn't mean I am walking around with me eyes closed! :)

    ReplyDelete