Thursday, February 25, 2010

To Clarify...

In my last post, I mentioned that Jen and I are starting to look out of state for a ministry opportunity. While that is true, we're also continuing to look here in the PDX area. God has a way of opening a door when we reach the end of all that we can do. It is His way of saying, "Surprise! Now you know it came from me!"

I'm not sure what the future holds. I know that for today, I'm prepping as if I'm going to be here for a while. We have this great concert coming up next Friday (see above poster...lol), and I'm getting ready for that. Then, Easter is almost upon us. Lots to do, and not enough time to actually worry about what comes next. I mean, seriously, can worrying about it add another day to my life? Or actually make a job appear? God will be God, and He will put us exactly where He wants us. That's kind of liberating, you know?

Right now, I'm praying that we don't have to leave our home, our schools, and our family. If that's not God's will, though, then I'll be praying for my heart to be ready for a new community. I pray that if God wants us elsewhere, He will prepare us to love a new area just as much as we love this one, and that we will want nothing else but to serve Him in whatever way He sees fit to use us. "The Lord gives and takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord!"

1 comment: