Monday, February 22, 2010

Binary Solo...000000100000011001001001

Ok, so I'm back to square one. Well, back to square zero, really. Gotta start looking out of state to see where God has planned for my family and I to minister. There aren't really any opportunities in our area, and Jen and I really feel God's leading to continue in vocational worship leading. One of the ideas I have is to form Red Letter Project Foundation, a non-profit that sends out worship leaders to churches in need of training, seminars, concerts, and leadership. The foundation would also support the band, allowing the main band to minister globally. This will take years to get off the ground, and is something I'd like to work on while ministering to a church body. Of course, it takes money to get it started, and that will take God's blessing. Be praying! Also, be praying for where God directs us to start looking, nationally. We believe He is calling us to a church that is looking for someone with strong leadership skills to help provide vision and direction in a loving way. The question is - where? There are jobs in all 4 corners of this country, and places in-between, but which is right for us? Jen and I will be spending much time in prayer over this. The hard part will be leaving the band and the people of our current church behind. I'm still open to staying here, of course. That would be my first choice, but sometimes God doesn't ask, He directs. The trick is to be obedient. I guess it's time for me to do what I'm always asking my kids to do. Obey. And, maybe, rock out with a great binary solo...(back to square)000000100000011001001001....

1 comment:

  1. Leaving Oregon is a bad idea. Because I say so. Final answer.
    Encouragment...boom...boom...yeah.
    -Your little brother.
    Jay

    ReplyDelete