Monday, May 9, 2011

It's been a long time

Wow. I've completely abandoned this blog. NO LONGER!!!!! I'M BACK, BABY!!!! Seriously. I've been swamped during this season in my life, and I need a place to vent, to explore, to scream, to whisper, to sing, to stay silent. This blog is it. I've gotta say, there's something almost religious about putting thoughts down on paper (internet/blog/web/ether). It's as if I'm having a moment where you, the reader, get to see deep inside my soul, and peer into the dark corners. Assuming I let you in that far, of course. It's sort of humbling, in its own way. You see, even though I have complete control over what is said in this blog, once I've said it, it's there forever, in some form or another. I can't take it back. Sure, I can delete the post. But who's to say a reader didn't just copy it and repost it? It's out there, man. The whole world can see it. There's a kind of thrill in that, you know? In knowing that anything you say, anything you do can be used against you - not in a court of law (although that's possible, too), but in the court of public opinion. That what you say and do can be used to influence others, even without your knowledge. In the words of the great poet Tommy Chong, "That's deeeeep, man".

So, this brings me back to you, dear reader. Here we are. Just you, me, and the rest of the world. I'm going to let you peek inside my soul. I'll open the door. Wait - just a crack. Don't get greedy. I promise to let you in, a bit at a time. You have a job to do, though. Your job is to be faithful. If you enjoy this time with me (you voyeur!), then stick with me. Check back regularly. And tell your friends. I'd love to have this thing grow.

Okay. Enough for now. It's 10pm, and I've got homework and dishes to do. More tomorrow. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment